Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stem Cell Research.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
victoria_best94

Stem Cell Research. Empty
PostSubject: Stem Cell Research.   Stem Cell Research. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 pm

To even discuss this topic I had to first understand it. So I researched it and read the online article "An Overview on Stem Cell Research" and read that "In November of 1998, scientists reported that they had successfully isolated and cultured human embryonic stem cells . This announcement kicked off an intense and unrelenting debate between those who approve of embryonic stem cell research and those who are opposed to it. Some of the most prominent advocates of the research are scientists and patients who believe that embryonic stem cell research will lead to the development of treatments and cures for some of humanity’s most pernicious afflictions (such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, and diabetes). Among the most vocal opponents of the research are those who share the desire to heal, but who object to the pursuit of healing via unethical means. CBHD’s view is that because human embryonic stem cell research necessitates the destruction of human embryos, such research is unethical."
Back to top Go down

Stem Cell Research.
Page 1 of 1