Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clinical drug trials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cbowley

clinical drug trials Empty
PostSubject: clinical drug trials   clinical drug trials I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 pm

A lot of people have many different opinions on clinical drug testing. I personally would not participate in these trials. To me the cons far outway the pros. Although there is a lot of money in taking part in these trials it's completely unsafe. Yes all patients are warned of this before the testing is started but that doesn't change the fact that the effects of the drugs you are given can do worse to you than kill you. That just really does not seem like something that is worth any amount of money.

Some of the effects that these trial drugs can have could leave a person in worse shape than they were when they started. For example let's say that someone has a type of cancer and wants to go on a drug trial in hopes of finding a cure. If they take these experiments then they could end up with not only the cancer they started with but also a vast majority of side effects such as hair loss, unusual skin pigmentations, and all types of weird side effects. Does that really sound like something you would want to do? It doesn't to me. Like I said before yes all patients are warned that side effects may be fatal or serious but there are some things that no person wants to go through. Some patients can be deathly allergic to these medications and it seems kind of unfair for a person looking to be saved through this medicine to be killed by the very thing that was hoped to help them.
Back to top Go down
hjackovitz

clinical drug trials Empty
PostSubject: reply   clinical drug trials I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

I would have to agree with you, Cody. I feel that you made good, valid points and you supported your opinion well. I think that you could fix some spelling errors and some of your conventions. And although this post is very opinionated, I feel that you could use some facts and/or information from online to support your post all that much more. I felt that this was a good post and I agreed very strongly with you on this matter.
Back to top Go down

clinical drug trials
Page 1 of 1