Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What drug trials actually can do.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nfausett

What drug trials actually can do. Empty
PostSubject: What drug trials actually can do.   What drug trials actually can do. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:38 pm

For What Reasons Would You as a Patient Enter a Randomized Clinical Drug Trial? The only reason would be if that’s the only I could be cured of my disease. In this matter though I wouldn’t consider it, because Randomized clinical drug trials can be dangerous although those who get the placebo don’t have anything happen to them those that don’t get the placebo the other half of the people testing the new medication. Will face either bad or good effects from the drug, but most likely there will be some bad side effects such as vomiting pancreas, liver damage etc.
In a site I used it states, that “Trials include more participants (about 100-300) who have the disease or condition that the product potentially could treat. Researchers seek to gather further safety data and preliminary evidence of the drug's beneficial effects (efficacy), and they develop and refine research methods for future trials with this drug.” ("Inside clinical trials:," 2011). Through this statement I have found myself surely against randomized clinical drug trials. Why should hundreds of people have to suffer through the horrible effects just to find a cure. Although I know if they do find the cure it will impact the lives of many, and cure them, but still all of those people having their lives on hand for tests for others. I just don’t think I could risk my life in this case to help attempt to find the cure of a disease.
References
Inside clinical trials: Testing medical products in people. (2011, August 12). Retrieved from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
George Mason University (2010). Stats.org. Retrieved from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
kmotter

What drug trials actually can do. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What drug trials actually can do.   What drug trials actually can do. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Nick, I agree with you because you are against it. You made some really good points. But I don’t really fully understand what you are trying to say in this. The only bad thing about it is you never really know if you are going to get the placebo drug or the old drug or the new one. That is one of the reasons why I am also against it myself.
Back to top Go down

What drug trials actually can do.
Page 1 of 1