Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High School Sports

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hjackovitz

High School Sports Empty
PostSubject: High School Sports   High School Sports I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 pm

There are many stories that are very similar to the one in the post. The chances of getting in to college sports for a high school student are very wide. The chances of a high school senior to play college football are 1 in 306221 (College Sports Scholarships, 2012). There are many other sports that are listed on the site but they are all generally around the same type of ratio. The thing is with statistics like these, you can see that although the chances of getting into a college sport are vast, there is still that chance. So I think that possibly being able to get a scholarship for a particular sport, you should be careful of what you do and how you strain your body.
I believe that it does rest upon the coach to watch after his team and his individual players. I believe that the coach should take most of the responsibility. Now if the coach really couldn’t see that his player was hurt, I don’t feel that he should be a coach. But yet, I feel that the player needs to take some responsibility himself because of how he kept on playing rather than talking to his coach and leaving the game. He is the one who strained himself. As a football player, I know what hurt is and how it can effect me if I do not come out and get the attention I need to get back to 100%.

http://www.collegesportsscholarships.com/percentage-high-school-athletes-ncaa-college.htm
Back to top Go down
mlboyer

High School Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School Sports   High School Sports I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am

Hunter I agree, and although i did not hurt myself playing football i beieve that it is mostly the coaches responsibillity but every athlete should also be responsible for himself. It is the caoch's responsibillity to watch over his players and keep them at 100%. It says you did not finish you post so i do not know what you might say after this so i can not reply to it
Back to top Go down

High School Sports
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm :: Collaboration Forum 2012-2013 :: Week 6-
Jump to: