Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Right to die?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kmotter

Right to die? Empty
PostSubject: Right to die?   Right to die? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:47 pm

I personally think that people that are terminally ill should not have the right to choose when and how they should die. As Jack Kevorkian known as Dr. Death once said "Dying is not a crime"(Kevorkian 2012) but some people may think the doctors are committing murder? Jack Kevorkian is best known for championing a terminal patient's right to die (Public agenda 2012) Jack supposedly assisted 130p patients with physician-assisted suicide. He later charged with second-degree murder for his assistance and served 8 years of a 10-25 year prison sentence. Where do you draw the line between life and death? What is terminal illness? Terminal illness maybe defined differently for one physician to another. Many people have been told they only have six months to live and have gone on to live many months past that deadline. If they would have taken their own life, how much more would they have missed out on? Who’s to say that in those few months another break through in medical science may have been made?

Many religions still hold that it is up to God not man to determine when somebody dies. Some people might say that life is something to not abandoned not matter what the circumstances are. No matter how bad the situation gets. While most religions oppose euthanasia, some do support liberal views regarding the decision. So in all I think that people who are terminally ill should not have the right to choose how or when they die. God should still handle the decision. There is no clear-cut way to determine who should live and who should die.

Jack kevorkian. (Sept, 2012 17). Retrieved from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Right to die. (Sept, 2012 17). Retrieved from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by kmotter on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nfausett

Right to die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right to die?   Right to die? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I mostly agree with you Katie, about how they may have break through in medical science to help the people in need. Although through this time it might be extremely terrible for that person in which they may decide it is their time to leave. So in this sense i disagree with you, I think each person should be able to decide if they wish to die now or wait to see if there is going to be a break through.
Back to top Go down

Right to die?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm :: Collaboration Forum 2012-2013 :: Week 2-
Jump to: