Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patients rights on how and when they die.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nfausett

Patients rights on how and when they die. Empty
PostSubject: Patients rights on how and when they die.   Patients rights on how and when they die. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Their should be rights given to those that are terminally ill, such as being able to decide whether or not if they want to end their lives now and not try and suffer through the pain for life. “In the article I found it states some pretty interesting ideas, such as that there may be a point when the fight no longer seems worth it anymore. Now they have the opportunity to choose, court rulings have firmly established a patient's legal right to discontinue life-sustaining treatment, such as respirators or artificial nutrition.” (Public Agenda, 2011) There is also extensive precedent for allowing family members to decide whether to continue treatment or end feeding when incapacitated patients are no longer able to decide for themselves.

Now I like this, because it can help us when we are done suffering from pain we can have the option of just dyeing. Although their is some good from this giving people the right when they think they are done, but on the other hand what would the world become if everyone just decided to give up. When they can still live especially if their young. They still would have life in them and families waiting for them.

References: Public Agenda. (2011, November 16). Right to die. Retrieved from [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by Nfausett on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmotter

Patients rights on how and when they die. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patients rights on how and when they die.   Patients rights on how and when they die. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:22 pm

You made some really good points but I disagree with you. I see what you mean by the fight no longer seems worth it anymore and then they have the opportunity to choose to live or take their life. What happens though if they find a way to help the person suffering or whatever after the person dies? Would the family say that the doctor killed their family member before trying everything they can to help him or her? These are things we need to think about. I do agree with your statement it can help us when we are done suffering from pain. Yes, some people might be suffering for a long time and then get to the point where they don’t want to go through that anymore. But I still think it is wrong for a terminally ill person to decide when and how they die.
Back to top Go down

Patients rights on how and when they die.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm :: Collaboration Forum 2012-2013 :: Week 2-
Jump to: