Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm

Objectives: Examine in detail a bioethics issue- Explore opinions of those in the forum community- Participate in a class discussion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nfausett

why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized. Empty
PostSubject: why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.   why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Selling organs shouldn't be legal; because it’s very risky later on selling it may advice in harm to your body. Such as say you sell a kidney and then the one of yours goes out then you’ll either die or need a kidney transplant. This shows us how dangerous it’ll be to sell your organs. You should only donate organs not sell them then you won’t be at risk this way. Although selling organs may save lives of others you may give away your life doing it. That’s why we should just donate are organs at the time of death for others to use them that way we won’t harm ourselves and will still save others.
I just don’t think this should happen, because then people will start killing others just to sell their organs to earn money. Also if we start this up it may help the lives of others depending on if their body accepts it though so we also got to take that into account what if their body rejects the organ. After all what would be the purpose to legalize it besides others making millions I mean money isn’t everything in life. Also what is up with the bidding for them just set a standard price and sell them at that price. This is leading again into whoever the richest will survive if we do the selling of organs, but if it’s just donation their family and friends could donate to them whether be the poor or the rich.

Back to top Go down
kmotter

PostSubject: Re: why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.   why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I agree with you fully but in this sentence
(You should only donate organs not sell them then you won’t be at risk this way.) do you mean donate your organs before or after you are dead. Live donor to live recipient can be risky. No matter what there is always the chance of organ rejection.

I agree with everything you said. If it would be legal people would be out on the streets killing the homeless to sell their organs and make money off of it. So in all it would just turn into a huge killing fest i feel.
Back to top Go down
cbowley

PostSubject: Re: why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.   why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:16 pm

I agree with some of what you said but I think the point about it turning to a killing fest should be taken out. Just because we would be able to sell our organs does not mean in any way that everyone will be killing each other over it. And if you really think it will where is the factual evidence showing that something like that will spontaniously occur?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.   why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why selling organs shouldn't be leagalized.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advance Bio/ Comp & Comm :: Collaboration Forum 2012-2013 :: Week 1-
Jump to: